Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grave of the fireflies



"And they both perish in a game called war"


I had finally watched the movie Grave of the fireflies,both the anime and live action version. And I would like to give my sincere gratitude to my lovely friend Richelle for recommending me this one of a kind movie.

And all I can say is that the movie was a job well done. It was a very inspiring and thought provoking story of the siblings Setsuko and Seita who were caught in the midst of World war II in Japan.

Random realizations:

Far beyond history is concerned, world war II was one of the most devastating stories ever told. Thousands of innocent lives perished and blood shed all over the world. Even the survivors of this pathetic war reminiscence their experiences, smiling for old pictures that gets emptier each passing day. Reminding them that once,people acted foolishly and selfishly which resulted to the war.

Setsuko and Seita only wanted a simple life but it was impossible during the war. They both died because of hunger,they were innocent and young. The bombing incident in pearl harbor and Hiroshima has caused a lot of people to starve. Both the American and Japanese had their share of responsibility in the war. And who are we to blame them? We are all victims of war, I believe.

Until know, we are all facing a war, not literally a war were men killed each other in order to survive but the war in which violence, hunger and most of all hatred still exist.

I came to realized that I am so lucky because I don't have to bother about the basic necessities of life. I graduated from a good school, I eat three times a day and I live in a comfortable house. My mother had provided me with all the things I needed but under the same bright blue sky, many are suffering from the threats of hunger,inequality and poverty.

God is indeed so good,Thank God.

-Anton

No comments:

Post a Comment