Monday, October 12, 2009

Pinoy Blogosphere


"You're not alone now and welcome to the Blogosphere." this words by kuya jhong had inspired me. Thanks kuya jhong,indeed the pinoy blogosphere is such a big family.

Pinoys are really talented,I believe. The increasing number of pinoy bloggers are the proofs that pinoys are definitely skilled writers. We are all different in every aspects,different writing style,values and beliefs but we share one common thing- our love for writing.

I could say that my writing style was influenced by Richard Bach,the author behind the famous book "Jonathan Livingston Seagull". And ever since I enjoy reading his books and dreamed of someday becoming a great writer. I'm still a novice in writing,my english is not fluent and had lots of grammatical lapses,(the use of verbs,proper positioning of punctuations and the subject verb agreement,etc.).I use hackneyed expressions and cliches and I even sometimes misspelled words,it may sound ironic though but writing makes me happy,so I'll continue doing this no matter what.

And for all of you to know,I am a frustrated journalist and writer but I never regretted becoming a nurse. I have a bright future ahead,I am optimistic of my chosen field because there are lots of opportunities in hand,inside and outside of our country. All I need is to grab this opportunity and continue pursuing my dreams. My profession and my writing can go hand in hand, I can work while writing during my free time. It can both exist in a world where people's expectations are high, those people that are telling me that I can never do such things but I know I can.

The world can impose rules and standards on me but it can never stop me in pursuing my dreams. In the end what matters most is not fame nor popularity and riches but the sense of fulfillment that you choose the things you like most and the life you wanted.

-Antonski

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I really appreciate the mention.

    I very flattered that I have inspired someone to writing. Yes you are a member of a bigger family now. And you are free to pursue your dreams, express yourself and write what you're really good at in this blogging world.

    Pls. register to twitter.com, so that I can introduce you to a lot of friends.

    Jhong Medina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. Filipino's are definitely skilled writers. 2 thumbs up for you! I've known many people who gave their dreams up because some people tell them they're not that good. but, it's a good thing you follow your dreams. go for it! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i, too, was a frustrated writer in my high school days. i'm a writer who get my articles unpublished all the time. so i did not stop. just like you, i am now a nursing student who always thinks i have a brighter future ahead. i love writing and im now part of the College of Nursing Publication who demands a lot of written articles by me. i'm very happy to meet some guy like you whose views are like mine. enjoy being part of the blogosphere. there's more to learn.

    ReplyDelete