Thursday, December 31, 2009

Start of A new Horizon


Many Years down and forever to go. Cheers to 2010. 
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone with a BANG,BANG BANG.
                                                                            -antonski

I have been living on this place we called earth for 21 years. And for this past years, my life has been boring, monotonous perhaps but what could I ask more from Him. I have everything I need in life.Family, friends and persons that makes me smile, just to name a few.

And I was thinking of not writing an entry for the new year  just because ennui is taking over me but  I  realized that I have lots of realizations this year that I need to share to everyone.

I just pinch myself and started to remember that I don’t live along Mayon Volcano. I haven’t set foot in Mindanao, much less Maguindanao. I didn’t get A(H1N1). My family was spared from the wrath of Ondoy and most of all I'm still breathing right now.Lucky,right? All thanks to Him.

So much for the emo introduction. This year has been fruitful.I graduated from college, earned my BSN degree and most of all I'm now a Registered nurse but over the past months, I constantly felt that my life was heading to a tunnel of inevitability wherein I have to make a choice to continue my profession or pursue first other goals in life. It was hard, really hard to find a job in hospitals, the competition is getting harder as thousands of new registered nurses are produced every year.

And I don't want to work on jobs not related to nursing or medical field.I prefer to be a journalist if  there are no options left anymore rather than a call center agent. Thank God that I'm a volunteer in a public hospital.I'm still practicing my profession without any monetary compensation but I'm happy. The experience I'm learning is worth it.Volunteer you may call it but I call it my calling.

I know there are lots of opportunities laying in wait; other doors that remain to be opened. And yet, underneath this facade of calmness and sobriety, those cliches hurt.Reality hurts a lot. In a bitter moment, I realized that no matter how high the standards you set for yourself, there are still obstacles along the way. I just had to accept that my profession is a trend nowadays and its hard to find a job.

The clock is ticking and a few minutes from now,it's new year. The sky will be filled with fireworks and peoples hope of a better life. As  I reminisce things during the past 21 years of life. I know, I still have lots to learn.

Together with all my wishful thinking. I want to greet everyone a happy and prosperous year.

BANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment